Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Monday, August 2, 2021

A Box of Mangoes

Recently, I was offered a box of mangoes
Mango is the fruit of my choice, as it goes.
Not for nothing is mango, the king of fruits
In its configuration, mellowness overflows.

As I picked up a mango , I thought of Thay
Yes, Thich Nhat Hanh, lovingly called Thay.
He's a Buddhist monk, Vietnamese, exiled,
Soulfully teaches mindfulness, all the way.

I saw the sun douse mango, in its warmth
And the wind rock it, within the bandwidth.
The rain drenched it with love, & the earth
Nourished, while birds furnished all mirth.

It was picked, packed, and brought to me
How many hands had shared love for me?
It's the manifestation of God's love for all
His magic runs the show, and it is all free!

Om Shantih
Ajit Sambodhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment