Popular Posts

Total Pageviews

Saturday, January 29, 2022

Sunrise Over the Bay

Suddenly the  skyline is lit up  in a flare
The waves on the bay ripple in its glare
I sit in vajrasan and in line with my eyes
A  refulgent  edge  emerges  with  a flair.

A big red disc comes to sit on the quay
As it rises from the far end of the bay
I am awestruck by its voluminous aura
While its glow spreads all over the bay.

The city is waking up from the slumber
I can see a  silhouette  stodgily  lumber
Along the beach in late January Tampa
True to sunshine state the sky is umber!

I see mass of water swelling before me
A bottleneck rises up clucking with glee
It's a dolphin come up to breathe & play
And bask in the glory of the sun for free.

It seems gamesome like all the dolphins
But its fun-size looks like a doll with fins!
I now hear the rumble of a  tractor trailer
Looks like morning is going  in  tailspins!

Om Shantih
Ajit Sambodhi.

No comments:

Post a Comment